WSU Advanced Education in General Dentistry FacilityLocation: Wichita, Kansas Owner: Wichita State University Architect: Howard + Helmer Architecture Construction: Eby Construction
Eby Construction was selected as the general contractor to construct a new facility to house the Advanced Education in General Dentistry program at Wichita State University. The new facility is a two-story building with a 9,200-square-foot basement, 13,200-square-foot main level and a 9,200-square-foot second floor.
- The building has a foundation with a structural steel frame.
- Exterior walls are metal studs with brick and stone masonry veneer.
- The basement houses the mechanical, electrical and dental equipment.
- The main level is comprised of 18 dental treatment rooms, two surgical rooms, an x-ray room, a laboratory equipped to make plaster molds and a simulation lab housing four mannequin stations with room to expand to 24 stations.
- The second floor consists of offices, a conference room, a break room and locker/shower rooms.
- The project included new site utility work, asphalt parking and a unit paver entry.